We’re hiring! Marketing Exec required to help us make waves.
Resource Type: News | Published: 13th Jun 2022 | By Team Sharktower
Sharktower is intelligent delivery software that helps change leaders deliver large-scale transformation programmes. In February this year, Sharktower was acquired by Proteus – a forward-thinking consultancy firm with clients that range fron the United Nations to Sainsbury’s Bank.
Since the acquisition, our small Marketing team now has two brilliant brands and services to promote. It’s an exciting time, and puts us in the perfect position to bring a swtiched-on Marketing Exec into the team.
We’ve already made great progress with a new website for Proteus, but we’re really just getting started. So if you’re looking for a fresh start with loads of variety, creative input and space for your ideas to come to life, this is a great place to be.
About the role
Working closely with the Marketing Director and Brand & Content Manager, you’ll support a range of marketing activities across all channels.
Our work varies depending on what’s happening in the business, but week-to-week it includes a mix of things like:
- Creating internal and external comms, including social posts, blogs posts and sales assets
- Helping to organise and run events and webinars
- Managing and monitoring social channels & updating the website
- Working with external agencies for web, design and PR
- Creating landing pages, forms, surveys, emails, invitations and automations
- Forwarding suggestion for how to improve performance across campaigns, web and social channels
- Contact and lead management
- Conducting competitor analysis and keyword research
Ideally you’ll have a minimum of one year’s experience working in a similar role where you’ve covered various aspects of marketing and picked up a range of skills.
We’d love to find someone with most of the abilities listed below, but you don’t have to tick all the boxes. What’s essential though is your enthusiasm to talk to colleagues, get stuck into different things and really make a positive impact in the business.
That means things like:
- You’re a confident communicator, both in person and in your writing.
- You know a bit about email marketing, content marketing, and SEO.
- You’re able to create simple but on-brand visuals for things like social posts (we use Canva).
- You’ve used a CMS before to update websites/pages (we use WordPress and ActiveCampaign).
- You’re used to keeping your own daily/weekly workload on-track (although we do have regular check-ins through calls and Teams chats).
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions and offer your opinions (everything we do is a team effort!).
- You’ve used Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in B2B marketing would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £21,000 – £25,000 based on experience and skills
- 35 hours per week
- Hybrid working environment – we meet up in our Edinburgh office 2-3 times a month, so you’ll ideally live nearby (it’s right in the city centre, so that’s handy). For the rest of the time, you can work from home or the office – entirely up to you.
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Pension Scheme with 5% Employer Contribution.
- Quarterly all-company social events (usually London or Edinburgh)
What it’s like to work here
Although we’re based in various locations across the UK, we’re a close team with a strong mix of experience. We ensure every voice is heard equally, and that everyone has access to the opportunities and guidance they need to evolve and grow.
Our leadership team encourages open, frank discussion at every level, and it’s an approach that helps us make positive changes quickly. If something’s not working, we raise it. Then we get together and improve it. That’s what powering a wave of change is all about.
Read more about our values, history and people on the Proteus About Us page
How to apply
If this all sounds right up your street, please email your CV and a brief intro to our Chief Marketing Officer, Nikki.Horwood@MyProteus.com
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2022. No agencies please – we’ve got it covered.