Maintaining your privacy is really important to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information you share with us.
Protecting your data
We designed Sharktower to be secure from the ground up, and every customer’s project data is stored, accessed and secured independently.
We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) – a scalable cloud hosting platform with high availability and dependability.
All access to Sharktower and information in transit is protected by the latest Transport Socket Layer (TLS) encryption, and also encrypted at REST. This means your data is safe, secure and available only to registered users who have the relevant permissions.
Who we are
We’re Sharktower AI Ltd (‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) and operate under the name Sharktower. We’re registered with the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO) under number ZA662900.
This notice explains how and why we use your personal information – how it is collected, held, and processed. For more information about how we use your data:
- If you use Sharktower, including the associated mobile application, or you are a Sharktower partner, see your Master Services Agreement.
Got a question about something in this notice, or want to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Sharktower AI Ltd, 80 George St, Office 02-102, Edinburgh, EH2 3BU, UK
The information we hold about you, and how we use it
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Registering for information requests such as reports, white papers, or data sheets
- Registering for an online program, event, seminars, promotions or competition
- Participating in events, surveys, questionnaires, or evaluations
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription
- Sending marketing communications
- Managing a job application
The data that is provided to Sharktower for the purposes of processing orders, payment transactions, and trials, isn’t part of the “personal data” discussed here, unless it identifies a person.
Information you give us
- Contact information including your name, job title, telephone number, email address, company name, company address, company location
- Information about your preferences and interests relating to our online programmes, events, seminars, promotions, competitions, surveys, questionnaires, or evaluations
- We may receive information from other companies or entities when you have authorised that they can provide information to us.
Our reasons for using your information
Data Protection Legislation says we must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. In this section we explain how we use your personal data and our lawful bases for doing so.
1. When we need to use your data for a contract we have with you, or to enter into a contract with you.
We use details about you to:
- Perform our obligations under that contract
- Give you the services we agreed to in line with our master services agreement
- Send you messages about Sharktower services you use if you get in touch, or if we need to tell you about something
- Managing and maintaining our relationship with you and for ongoing customer service
2. When it’s in our ‘legitimate interest’.
We need to use your data for our legitimate interests. This means using data in a way that you might expect us to, has a minimal privacy impact, is for a reason which is in your and/or our (or a third party’s) interest and which doesn’t involve overriding your privacy rights.
- Providing you with information, news, and offers on our products and services
- Personalising sites, newsletters and other communications
- Administering and fulfilling information requests and our promotions and offers
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing, surveys, quality assurance, or customer satisfaction purposes
- Helping us learn more about your preferences.
- Analysing trends and statistics.
How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. If you would like to unsubscribe, please email email@example.com.
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information for authentication purposes. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out analytics and customisation of services.
Cookies can be used to recognise you when you visit a Site or use our Services, remember your preferences, and give you a personalised experience that’s consistent with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
Our Sites and Services do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites or Services, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
You have a right to:
- Ask us for details about the personal data we hold about you, or get a copy of it
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Say no to us using your data for ‘legitimate interest’ circumstances
To do any of these things, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For EU data protection laws, like the GDPR, give us one month to respond.
Sharktower AI Ltd has been assessed and approved by the QAS international to the following management systems, standards and guidelines: ISO/IEC 270010;2013.
Changes to this notice
We’ll post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page. If they are significant changes we’ll let you know by email.